Monday, July 27, 2009

Would I be able to work in the computer programming industry with this certificate?

I've already completed 4 years of university (in Arts), and I don't want to go back to school for another 4 years. My university has a certificate program in Computer Science - Computer Programming Applications, and I was wondering if this would be sufficient for me to get at least an entry level job in the booming field of computer software programming.





The certificate is 6 courses, and consists of:


- Computer Science I


- Computer Science II


- Data Structures


- Introduction to C and UNIX


- Object Oriented Programming and Design


- Human-Computer Interaction and GUI Development





So what do you think? Would this certificate enable me to find a job, and be a good foundation for entry into this type of career?





After completing the certificate, I can take additional courses (that may or may not be more advanced) at my own discretion, such as but not limited to:


-Component Based Programming for the Web


-Software Engineering I


-Software Engineering II

Would I be able to work in the computer programming industry with this certificate?
Wouldn't a second degree be just 2 yrs? Seems like it would be about the same amount of work, but more acceptable in the business world than some certificate.





Or get a Microsoft Developer Cert.


No comments:

Post a Comment