Monday, July 27, 2009

How was Windows made exactly?

What codes was it made in?


I know the kernel is programmed in machine code, because it is simple.


But I can programme operating systems quite easily with MASM, but how did they make the machine code handlers like that?


I use C++, C, ALGOL and a few others, mixed with ASM to code kernels that will hold the OS I want to create, then I study device drivers and their architecture, its quite hard. But then I tried Macro AsSembly Language (MASM), by MicroSoft.


As a plug-in to Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition on Windows Vista. It doesn't install anything that I can really use to develop operating systems.


Is there something just like what MS uses but is free and can generate a kernel and operating system with a familiar Windows GUI (desktop), I mean I can create that. But I just want the ASM compiler with C and C++ as well.


Plus is there any free source code to old Windows Operating Systems?

How was Windows made exactly?
If its there, I'd like to see it. But I'd put a bet on it not being available (the source code, at least).
Reply:I think you are asking for trade secrets - if anyone really knew what you are asking, Windows would probably have more competitors than it does. The closest thing I would suggest is to look into some Linux distros - perhaps you can get some ideas from them, as all of the source code is available. Good luck.

salary survey

No comments:

Post a Comment