Monday, July 27, 2009

Help: My PC is infested with Rootkits...?

I used RootkitRevealer to blow their cover and when I tried saving the scan report, the GUI of the scanner started going nuts (I couldn't even select "File" then "Save"). I plan to rescan and hope for a "one-chance, one-command" to save the report before the GUI breaks up again.


I need the report to know where the rootkits are so I can know which files to be careful with after backing them up from my PC. I intend to use my "Recovery partition" which definately is clean as I have not made a single backup since the day my PC was turned on for the first time (also when the Recovery partition was created).


If I clean my C-drive after its contents are backed up, will copying them back to my PC re-infect it...as in, do Rootkits follow files onto CDs/DVDs so they can spread? Do they also infect Symbian phones?


Thanx.

Help: My PC is infested with Rootkits...?
Please use the following anti-rootkit scanners:





AVG Anti-rootkit


http://www.grisoft.com/doc/download-free...





Panda Anti-rootkit:


http://www.download.com/Panda-Anti-Rootk...





Theres no limit to what rootkits can do on your computer, most rootkits perform operations in stealth and they infect almost any software; so yes, its possible that they can infect cell phones since cell phones have software in them.





Please read this article here for more info about rootkits:





http://www.microsoft.com/technet/communi...
Reply:Hello ' a_danhamidu ' :


I have a program that I bought for my PC that takes care of rootkits . I have to select ' Custom Scan ' and instruct the program to search for ' rootkits ' .





The Canadian price for me was $60.00 . The program comes as a CD to install on your PC . It's called , " Webroot Spy Sweeper with AntiVirus " .





As long as you're willing to spend the money , it's a GOOD program . It works !


No comments:

Post a Comment