Monday, July 27, 2009

Cannot access floppy or DVD-ROM from Command Prompt?

Hi, Please help.





I can access both floppy drive and DVD drive from Windows XP Pro GUI. However when I open command prompt and type "cd a:\" or "cd d:\" (or "cd a:" or "cd d:" (d: is my DVD drive letter)), the system types (outputs) "D:\" or "A:\" but the prompt remains as before (last line is still "C:\%26gt;"). No error messages. Thus cannot access my floppy or DVD files from command prompt.





I tried typing "cmd /K d:\" into Run utility and opened new command prompt shows DVD well but again, cannot switch to a: or c:





Have some of you resolved similar problem? Thank you in advance.





PS: if it can help, my system and boot partitions are different and I created boot partition already after Windows installation (new active partition K:) and copied the content of the C: drive (files only (like config.sys etc)) to a new active K: partition. Not sure if it can cause the problem.

Cannot access floppy or DVD-ROM from Command Prompt?
Leave off the cd when changing drives ,it is just for directories.


go to command prompt and type a: and then enter.
Reply:go to my computer and do everything from there


No comments:

Post a Comment