Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Just how possible is it to make a command line hex editor for Linux?

I am very curious as to experimenting with these programs, and I have downloaded a graphical one named KHexEdit. I am using a Linux computer and am wondering as to how one could be made to work in the terminal. For example, I am just looking for the basic program without any GUI so I can learn how to make one. If anyone has any help on how to make one, please explain. I would also appreciate it if you could explain how to program one in C, if you can tell me. Otherwise, any way to make one is fine.

Just how possible is it to make a command line hex editor for Linux?
Why would you want to make something that already exist?
Reply:If you are a skilled enough programmer, probably not too hard. If you don't know file structures, you don't know programming, and you don't know how to use google to find such information - lotsa luck! You will need it!


No comments:

Post a Comment